DepEd Guimaras aims to spread the good news about how the Schools Division of Guimaras serves its clientele to inspire internal and external stakeholders to continue striving for excellence.
Schools Division of Guimaras is a schools division created through Republic Act No. 5682 known as An Act Changing the Designation of the Sub-Province of Guimaras, Province of Iloilo, and Creating in said Sub-Province the Positions of Fiscal and Division Superintendent of Schools and was approved last June 21, 1969.
Schools Division of Guimaras is the lone Schools Division in the Island Province of Guimaras composed of ten schools districts, two for each of the Municipality of Buenavista, Jordan, Nueva Valencia, San Lorenzo and Sibunag.
DepED Guimaras upholds the education of the learners through 97 public elementary schools and 17 public secondary schools.
The Geographical Location
The island is located in the heart of Western Visayas between Panay and Negros Islands. To the northwest side of the island is Iloilo Province of Panay Island with a distance length of almost 2.5 kilometers and to the southeast side is Negros Occidental of Negros Island.
The Schools Division Office is housed in DepEd Building located in San Miguel, Jordan, Guimaras. The office site is beside the Capitol Complex adjacent to the intersection of main highway and hospital road. The compound of the Department of Public Works and Highways can be seen opposite the site.
The following are the description of the different figures included in the Schools Division Logo:
- Blue light rays depict the color of Guimaras Team in sports;
- Five flames represent the five municipalities of the province namely Buenavista, Jordan, Nueva Valencia, San Lorenzo, and Sibunag;
- Five mangoes in the torch highlight the known produce of Guimaras ;
- 10 laurel leaves represent the10 schools districts under the supervision of 10 public schools district supervisors; and
- Map of Guimaras in different colors represents the land area of the municipalities inscribed in a circle depicts oneness of the schools’ districts goal towards learners becoming Maka-Diyos, Maka-tao, Makakalikasan, and Makabansa.